RCU Forums - View Single Post - CGRCJets A-10 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 08:14 PM
cgrcjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CGRCJets A-10 Build Thread

The scrap material will be used to shim the servo back from the mounting plate and allow you to countersink for the screws that bolt the servo to the plate. These will need to be countersunk so the linkage cover blisters fit flush on the plate when the whole thing is complete. As you can see, i cut the scrap material to about 3/16" square and used black permanent marker on them so they stand out. These will be squared up on one side of the plate over the two inner servo mounting holes and Ca them in place. As with everything, a good sanding or scuffing will allow for a better bond. I am sure most of you already know this but some people may not. Resins dont bond well to one another especially when using a resin to bond them. The good word is sand it before you bond it unless you want some kind of failure. I even do it with CA. I use the thick CA for plastic and wood. Later you will see, the void where the shim is will also be used to sandwhich the extra lip of the recess where the servo plate sits. When the hole is cut out for the servo you will want to leave a little bit of this lip.

chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49943.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1259493