RCU Forums - View Single Post - CGRCJets A-10 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 08:54 PM
cgrcjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CGRCJets A-10 Build Thread

This picture shows how the plate sits when it is in the recess and the holes that will need to be cut for the servo and servo leads. The servo hole is about 2- 1/4" wide from left to right in this pic. It will start from the back of stab , in about 1- 1/2" and from the front part of the recess that the plate mounts, in 5/8". Go slow when you cut this out and be sure to leave some of that lip on the recess. Leave a little lip inside where the hard point is and dont cut through the hardpoint. Slowly trim it out until the servo fits down into the hole while it is loosely attached to the plate. I used a 1/16" router bit in the dremel after i marked everything out and finished it up with file. The mounting procedure would be to drop servo in the hole with plate loosely attached, push plate into recess, Screw plate to stab, (4- #2 x 1/4" screws)and then finish tightening the (2- #3x 1/2") countersink servo screws so that the recess lip is sandwhiched between servo and servo cover. This locks the servo in place. I used some good ply on the back side of these servos when mounting them to the plate. Some of the kits have the rear hardpoint to attach the plate to the stab but recently i have not been putting these in because the builder can add them after the fact. All the hardpoints for the front part of servo plate are installed. You will then need to cut out a small hole for servo leads to run through. The hole will be between the (2- #6 x 1/2"self tapping panhead) screws that mount the vertical stab. to horizontal stab.

I just noticed that i cut to much of that lip off on this pic. Dont do that. Make sure you leave more. This is one of the first verticle stabs i set up and made a mistake.

chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22866.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1259549