RCU Forums - View Single Post - AR 500 receiver
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 PM
elmog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AR 500 receiver

I've used the AR500 in my 102" Multiplex Pilatus B4 Bingo that has a fiberglass fuse and have thermaled nearly to spec height with no reception problems whatsoever. I trust it as much as my AR7000 for full-range duty. It is a 5 channel receiver and thus limited for full-house sailplanes but works great for most everything else. My B4 has a single center-mounted servo for the ailerons, rudder, elevator and spoilers. The AR500 will easily handle this with the spoilers on the gear or throttle channel. At $59 it's the cheapest full-range rx that Specktrum offers. The best price I've found so far is online Todd's. I've also had good luck with the AR6200 if used within it's parameters. 300 meters (900+ feet) is good enough for my PSS Mustang that I've flown fly at Pt. Fermin, a sloping spot on the California coast that proves your trust in your equipment as retrieval can be very difficult. Most supposed range problems I believe are self-inflicted by misunderstanding system basics. Hope this helps. Jim

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97059.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	1259643