RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 08-20-2009, 09:07 AM
BJ64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

Anything new here you ask?

Kinda. I finally got the last bits I needed to finish my FA/18C. Had to source them from somewhere else. The buggers that sold me the model in the first place emailed me like 3 weeks ago saying that the missing servo was posted. Yeh. Kerapp. Bet it never left the building. And to think I gave them their 5-star rating on eBay before I'd gotten all the bits. We live and we learn, huh?

It's not the ten lousy dollars that narks me, it's the "we will fix - your order is in the mail" attitude of some of these sellers when they really can't be fagged sending you a 2-dollar part. And THAT gets my goat up. For me, hey, tell me to blow it out my [censored] as far as I'm concerned, but don't LIE to me. I guess that in the end, you know you who can trust and are willing to business with, and those you should avoid.

I won't slag [sellers name withheld], but in essence, they sold me two halves of two completely different aircraft - a wing requiring two servos to actuate both ailerons with pushrods to operate same; and a fuselage that relied on one servo... two push rods and a pair of clevice's and two more pushrods in order to operate the ailerons (not supplied). Sooo.. in short.. I had to buy the missing bits from someone else to get the 'full kit' that should have been supplied in the first place.

Not happy, Jan!

I guess it's a risk you take buying *anything* from China. To be fair, they have a lot of good stuff at great prices. But like anywhere else in the world, there's always those who will take advantage of you. The good old "Got u munny - now p!ss off!" attitude. And that's why I'd never buy any big $$$ items from any of them - there's just too many cheats out there. And this is from a BIG NAME Chinese brand.

If they want to have a go at me on here - bring it on. I have every email audited, along with their false promises. Am I peeved? You bet. What can I do about it? Not a lot. Meh - so I spent 20 bucks more than I had to in order to get a plane I've had for nearly two months now in a condition that's close to flyable. Believe you me - I've learnt heaps out of this: buy cheap, you buy twice. And I'd be thinking twice of ever buying a *max product again. They simply don't care. Neither do I any more.

But finish this I will - with or without their help. Some companies are worth a second chance. Some aren't. This one isn't. I shall never buy from them again.

BJ