RCU Forums - View Single Post - which on board camera
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 PM
cobrajocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which on board camera

ORIGINAL: ksh243

ORIGINAL: websterphreaky

It also weighs a ton comparatively. I'd like to see you use that in any Multiplex model or a 25 - 40 size 3D plane without making worthless as a 3D plane.

The point in using a micro camera is NOT changing the flight characteristics of the model.

It seems with the complaints on here that quality is a issue. I used this camera on the inside of a 40 size j-3 cub and it flew better than without it! I balanced the CG all the same. I also put it on a 40 size low wing sport plane, it flew fine. The camera is only 3.5oz. If you don't have 3.5 oz of thrust to spare on a 40 3D plane, its not much of a 3D plane at all. If you want a quality picture HD is the way to go. At 3.5oz, if you keep your CG the same, you should not notice much change if any. Then again, if you don't care about quality and will settle for 640x480, tape your cell phone to the plane and put it on video.

Geez that's funny (3.5oz), according to RCA's own specs on their ad on Amazon: "Product Dimensions: 0.9 x 2.5 x 4.3 inches ; 12.8 ounces" Think you better get a new scale! [link=http://www.amazon.com/RCA-EZ209HD-Small-Wonder-Camcorder/dp/B001RIYOBA]Amazon RCA Ad and Reviews[/link] (link) The MP10 4GB camera I use is only 19 grams. 19g vs 12.8 OUNCES! EEAK!!

And user reviews on Amazon DING your RCA Small Wonder HD with only 2 stars out of 5!!! Not so hot after-all when you bring up "all the complaints" comparison. Quote from one of the OWNER reviewers: "The sound and picture quality is horrid, no matter what setting you have it on, HD or not!"

Lets talk apples and apples when it comes to planes that an ultra lite camera is needed; I'm talking Foam (that IS what Multiplex planes are that I referred to) and electric planes of .25 - .40 size. Strapping a 12.8 ounce brick to an electric ain't gonna fly .... making a pun intentional.

Though the FlyCamOne2, or my favorite the cheapy Chinese MP10 (both 1.3MP sensors), aren't a poor quality HD like the RCA SW HD (per the Amazon review), the 640x480 SD video is quiet excellent and I can pivot the sensor head in flight or turn the camera (FCO2) on and off via my radio ..... can your RCA???? Not!

Even better - The FCO2 is only $55 from HobbyCity and the MP10 with 4GB of Flash RAM only $29.95. Leaving me a lot more money to spend on my RC stuff than a camera.