RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:06 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TOM BRETT'S DESIGNS-UPDATE

ORIGINAL: Free Bird

I hope so too..although the article has already been public domain for a long while. You probably should have left off the ages.
Edited!!!

Now to back up a little bit and I know that it's not TBX-1 related, but I'd like some opinions please. The picture I posted shows the Apogee, Nimbus and Perigee (from left to right). Now, Tom mostly used a trim scheme of light blue, dark blue and yellow silk (silk on open areas). The Nimbus in the middle has a somewhat different trim scheme on the wing in that the middle portion is dark blue (assuming he used the same color as the other two). The Nimbus wing is fully sheeted (hence no yellow silk on the wing) as I have a set of plans from American Modeler; construction article was published in June 1962. My question boils down to this, do you guys think the rest of the model was light blue? Could a family member perhaps verify this? I plan on building a Nimbus and would like to match the colors as close as possible. Thanks guys!

FB
FB

I wish I would have known about your interest...I would have taken a picture of it. When I visited, I briefly saw it, but was not really paying attention to Nimbus. I can tell you for sure there is NO LIGHT BLUE or dark blue on Nimbus...it is a totally different color combination.

I also would like to be contacted .....about the plans and some questions I've asked, but Mrs Brett hasn't responded; I don't exactly know why.

I am about 75% sure the colors of Nimbus are either an off-white, or tan, and maroon, or dark red. Maybe Evan can verify that.

Duane