RCU Forums - View Single Post - Picco P-zero 0.8cc
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Toad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picco P-zero 0.8cc

I flew it. I was slightly disapointed and at the same time I was pleased about how smooth it ran.
On the 4.2x4 APC it only spun 28,500
Then I ran it for a short run using a 4.6x2.8 glass prop, it tuned this prop 32,500+ on the bench.
I flew the plane on the APC. I hate how that prop pulls so poorly through pylon type turns.
I used 40% fuel and the 97t turbo O'Donnell medium plug. The plug held up for the test tank and the flight and the bench run on the glass prop.
In fact, the plug looks brand new.. I heard talk that the stock head can handle up to 60% nitro without trashing the plug.
So, from the look of this plug, I am thinking I can raise the compression some and I may change the timing a bit, to see if I can get it to turn better rpm's
On the good side, the thing runs very, very smooth.. Impressivly smooth and there is room to play with the compression and timming.. I think maybe this thing
will be a great performer. For pylon racing, I think the 4" pitch is just too much for these motors, THe airplane I used is very sleek, but still, in the turns, that prop is a dog, on the straights it gets up and goes well, but you lose too much in the turns with it.
So, in stock airplane form, no internal changes, this is a smooth runner. To make it competitive, some work will be needed.
thats my 2 cents worth on it.