RCU Forums - View Single Post - AquaCraft Alligator RTR
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 11:55 AM
WCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AquaCraft Alligator RTR

I ran my Gator for the first time yesterday on the fish pond and it done great. This was my first experience with any kind of rc boat. Been flying planes for years and running rc cars so I'm fairly experienced with the glo engine aspect.
The engine started right up and I ran a few tanks through it leaning it a little bit each time. By the last run it was moving along at a pretty good clip. The engine didn't die while out on the water a single time (except once when I managed to flip the boat). I did run it up on the bank across the pond and had to go get it and I flipped it once. Checked the Rx box and it was dry, pulled the glo plug and drained the water out of the engine.....hit it a few times with the starter and it fired right up.
It flipped while I was going straight at a pretty good speed. Must have hit a wake or something??? Turns are no problem at speed if you make a wide turn...the more speed the wider the turn I learned. Tight turns at low speed is no problem.
Used a pedal boat to retrieve it when I flipped it. I'm trying to figure out how to make some kind of wire hook or something to throw out with a fishing rod to retrieve it.
I'm pleased with the boat and it was a lot of fun.
Bill