RCU Forums - View Single Post - CH Ignition conversion on G26
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:35 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CH Ignition conversion on G26

For tuning the carb this is the procedure I've followed. Worked first time I tried it and I've used it ever since (got it from Mark Fuess):

"Set the low end & high end needles to about 1 3/4 to 2 turns each. Choke the carb or prime it, until the carb is wet. Fire up the engine and let it warm up. Let's set the top end first since it's the easier of the two. Go to full throttle. Adjust the top end needle for peak RPM. Leave it wide open for about a minute to see if it changes any. Should the engine go lean, open the low end needle slightly, if this doesn’t work... you will have to adjust the needle valve inside the carb.( I will explain this later) If the top end runs OK, then slowly pull the throttle down until the engine begins to "four cycle" hold the throttle there. Adjust the low end needle until the "four cycling" barely stops. Now lower the throttle more until it "four cycles" again, and adjust the low end again. Keep doing this until you reach full idle. Now, from full idle begin to throttle up until the engine starts to bog or hesitate. Open up the low end needle just enough to eliminate the bog or hesitation.
When this is done right, you will be able to set the throttle in any position and it won't four cycle, plus you will be able to transition from idle to full power without any hesitation at all. Now, for easy starting it's best to have the low end a little rich and it will four-stroke a little."