RCU Forums - View Single Post - Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:56 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!

In our Warbirds group will sometimes play period (30-40's) music throught the day which although not my cup of tea outside of that enviroment (I'm wayyy too young for that!). It does add a little more "feel" to the event, so in that spirit, Rock, Rap, RnB etc would probably not be appropriate for the event in my view. Having said that, I have also brought out my F-16 to warbirds events, and we are starting to see more and more modern warbirds coming out, which are well and truely warbirds, and for that, above music could also be considered "period" music....

We also have to think about the general public who has come out to see it all happen and hopefully become attracted to what we do, and join up. full sized airshows play music all the time.

Now anything blaring from the speakers while flying is on would not impress me at all.... Maybe we need another option to vote on which is: play music which is appropriate and at a respectable level??

Thanks

dave