RCU Forums - View Single Post - Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Joespeeder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!

Hey Guys,

Not a simple answer. In general NO. I use an iPod with a ear bud in one ear to time my flights. I play it soft and can hear everyone around me and the planes in the air. I generally use music matched to what I'm flying. Although I do gravitate to other things if I get tired of hearing the Luftwaffe March over and over For the short time I flew my F-4 Phantom I listened to Hendrix's "Hey Joe" it was period and made me chuckle,

But I control the volume and don't want to hear it played over a loudspeaker system. PA's get set too loud or your on the axis of the speaker and it's annoying. Plus some music just doesn't match the style of aircraft or flight your seeing.

If it were done well, I'd enjoy it. But I'd like to see it played softly so it's not intrusive and with real thought as to matching the action.

Even warbirds flying to Big Band Music mismatched to the display can be very annoying I prefer wartime marches, national anthems, or similar.

I have recently added Queen's version of "God Save the Queen" to my various playlists as my landing music. I have playlists for 5minutes on up to 10minutes. When I hear it in my ear I know my flight is done and it's time to land.

Joe

www.thecaterhamproject.com