RCU Forums - View Single Post - Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:17 PM
STUKA BARRY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!

ORIGINAL: G-Pete

Guess you have your answer - 95% for nah- no need for that.

I knew a lot of pilots would be against loud music (any kind), but I was surprised of the high percentage.
I am surprised too. I enjoy the Glenn Miller music during warbird events, not blaring, but loud enough to put you "In The Mood", curtainly NO Rock & Roll. I also enjoy Rolls Royce and Radial engines straifs and occasional start-ups. These sound effects really get the crowd going. Its also cool to see flags flying and ground battle scenes with pilot figures and tanks, jeeps and motorcycles. I know some pilots look at these as toys or dolls, but when properly posed they look authentic. Just remember, warbirds are all an illusion and about having fun at the expense of our Greatest Generation. Demos are cool if not in excess. At Warbirds Over Delaware lunch time show, we created the largest model Dawn Patrol, launching 34 WWI 1/4 and 1/3 scale aircraft in the sky at the same time. It was a sight to see and a worlds record to boot. So as far as the poll? I'd have to vote both.