RCU Forums - View Single Post - Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:37 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!

ORIGINAL: larry@coyotenet
At our warbirds we play period WWII music, not blaring but just light background, we also play specific music for certain flying activities.
For instance when we have several corsairs taking off for a formation flight we will play the baa baa blacksheep theme. We do not play any hard rock once the event begins!!!! The music is for the enjoyment of the spectators and to set the mood. If it interfers with communication between pilots it's way to loud. We also believe that you pay your money to fly! Don't shut down flying for some hokie demo flight! If you want 3D then go to a 3D event, not a warbirds rally! What it comes down to is, is the event for the fliers or the spectators. If it's for the flyers then let them fly. If you want to run an airshow, run an airshow. I don't like events that try to do both and do neither very well.
Larry
Sounds like your club has the right idea. 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' is perfect for Corsair flights (as long as it isn't too loud).

I guess I should have worded the options a little different, and / or added a 3rd option: 'Music is OK, as long as it is appropriate for time period for the warbirds AND not too loud'.
Seems like common sense to me, yet so many events that I participate in start out with loud, R&R, C&W, or some other 'modern' music and they crank it up so loud that one must yell in order to have normal conversation.

Curious about the 3 (so far) "YEA" votes: I haven't seen any comments by them to support thier votes. Maybe they just pushed the wrong button?

And once again, I agree on the 'hokie demo flights': if it's a warbird event, KEEP it a warbird event, and allow the ALL warbirds to fly as much as possible (not just the 'speacial' ones). Maybe someone should start another poll onthat subject ( 'Flight Demos at Warbird Events: YEA or Nay?').