RCU Forums - View Single Post - Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:36 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!

This cracks me up.
You can't have a spectacular event without a soundtrack to the event.
You guys can fly at your local club without music anytime you want.
But you're talking about an event. An event where people from the surrounding community are coming to see a show.
So, make it a show...not just another day at the field.

But I do agree that the speakers should not face the flightline.
At CA Jets, we have plenty of speaker wire that allows them to be placed so that they face the spectators but not the pilot stations.
But, it really doesn't matter how you do it, your not going to please everybody.
Just as with video. You always get whiners who think an entertaining RC video is focussed on the entire flight (even if it's a shakey little far away dot in the sky), and has no soundtrack to accompany or add ambience.

I dislike RAP. I have a 20-year old that is all over it. If playing one rap song during an event made a couple of young spectators feel good/included, I say screw all the haters.
I can guarantee that the length of time your average spectator stays at an event would be far less if there wasn't a soundtrack to the event. This is why all the major airshows have a full, preplanned musical soundtrack. Especially the flight demo teams.

And, of course, the volume level should be appropriate...and monitored.

Just remember, it's an event...not another lazy Sunday afternoon at the local field.