RCU Forums - View Single Post - CD Waiver Sign-off... The Best Propeller Plane for the Test?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CD Waiver Sign-off... The Best Propeller Plane for the Test?

ORIGINAL: f16jc

I would not sign off a waiver unless the pilot was flying a turbine that we know will fly well over 100 mph has flaps, retracks, brakes, rudder.
Joe C!!
I disagree on the flaps/retracts portion (especially since its not in the waiver form). Lots of ARF turbine airplanes don't use flaps and many of the trainer jets don't have retracts nowadays.

I do agree the test should be done with a turbine though. While the form doesn't specify "Turbine" use in the test, there is enough knowledge questions etc that the test should be done with a turbine.

I plan to do my test with my F-16. It has not flaps, doesn't need em. It will do over 100mph though.
Would I fail if the retract system failed and the gear didn't go up?

Honestly what we are trying to accomplish here is knowledge of how to operate a turbine engine during startup/takeoff/landing/high speed flight/normal flight/slow flight. The test should be tailored to the persons specific turbine aircraft they are flying.

Also what if the person was trying to get the waiver for a turbo prop?

Your statement is geared toward a complex Military type Jet turbine only. Alot of turbine flyers have no interest in that. Some wiggle room should be allowed.

I'm already CD and I plan to get m waiver this summer (if I ever get time to finish my jet).