RCU Forums - View Single Post - CD Waiver Sign-off... The Best Propeller Plane for the Test?
Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: CD Waiver Sign-off... The Best Propeller Plane for the Test?

ORIGINAL: CowboyLifesaver

Honestly who is going to trust that kind of investment to a buddy box when numbers of trainers on buddy boxes go down each year?

For those of you who would like to rip on me, and you know who you are, it is an honest question.

I understand the idea behind it alright. Sheesh I can hear you all starting already.

GSR will be the first to reply and first to break every RCU forum rule in reply to my post AS ALWAYS.
???????

I don't understand your objection to buddy boxes. I have done a lot of instructing with them and while there are some things to watch out for, they are an overwhelming net positive.. I have damaged one plane because of the logistics of being "corded", but that is MORE than balanced out by countless saves. The risk/return ratio for buddy boxes has, in my experience, been OUTSTANDING.

I can say without a doubt that if called upon to instruct again, I will not hesitate to "cord up" in most cases and I will INSIST on it in others.