RCU Forums - View Single Post - Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Music at R/C Warbird Events: YEA or NAY? Please VOTE!

Some of the folks here cannot accept the fact that the great majority of the PILOTS do not want music playing at the events. The results of this poll are not inaccurate! If you still think so, you are in denial.

Since when have events been held to entertain spectators with music? Most pilots who do not like the music will not complain about it to the organizers. I, for one, simply cross that event off of next year's calendar and go to another event instead.

Our events should be first and foremost about what the participating pilots want from an event.

Spectators don't come to an event for the music, they come to watch the planes fly! Every event I go to is well attended by spectators. Spectator attendance is far more about how well the event is publicised to the public than whether there is music playing.

When the event organizers care more about entertaining spectators than what the pilots want, watch the participation in the event dwindle.