RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question about gas to oil mixture........
Old 08-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Matt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about gas to oil mixture........

I have a US 42 gas engine.....and I am currently running 32:1. When the engine first starts on the ground, the transitions are good. What I mean by this is that I can rapidly move the throttle stick from idle to full and there is no stuttering at all (about a second to get the stick from idle to full). BUT...when the engine warms up on the ground after about 5 minutes, the engine will stutter and quit if I move the throttle stick from idle to full to fast! If I move it slowly (say about 3.5 - 4 seconds until full) it's okay but stutters just a little when I get to fourth throttle and the it's okay. If i change the mixture to 40:1 (which will be less oil and more gas and everybody that i ask says that that's what they run all the time,) will it help with that problem? Also to i took out the spark plug yesterday and there was a lot of brownish residue on the gap and all around. And yes i have adjusted the engine quite a bit and it still didn't get any better. [X(] maybe I’m using too much oil???