RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question about gas to oil mixture........
Old 08-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Matt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about gas to oil mixture........

lnewqban: this motor is a US 41 from what I understand. I don't remember, but I might have made the mixture 32:1 so that everything could get lubricated again and broken in again as well. It did look kind of oily in side....not excessively, but i think the spark plug did have a good little layer of probably carbon around the ring that's inside the engine. In fact i think the plug really needed to be cleaned too. I’ll have to look that up what the mixture was. If you know how to work the low and high screws, PLEASE explain to me how to adjust them. I heard something about you will basically only need to touch your high screw....and your low screw is ONLY to get your plane to idle.....? Is that right?

Gray Beard: It's tuned to the best of my ability...the high side runs great......and it DOES idle pretty smoothly....it's just the transition from idle to about half throttle is the problem... Beyond half it's okay.

tryan02: No this is defiantly not a new motor. lol this motor has to be probably 10 years old. I got it used basically. The box that it came in had a sticker that had "Arizona" on it.....so I’m thinking that the person who had it before me got it rebuilt. It looked almost bran-spankin-new when I got it......(The engine does have a magneto on it to if that rings a bell for anything) This gasser is not your ideal airplane to get you hooked on it. I have an 80-inch wingspan and it weighs 20 pounds!!!!!!!