RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 01:41 AM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88

ORIGINAL: EAGLE PILOT

Mark Brill still operates[link]http://www.brillellicustoms.com[/link]. I could have mailed the engine to Mark, but if the ignition module is faulty, I would have to send it to Roy Sholl anyway. I really like the 366GT. It has a ton of power and it's finish quality is as nice as a DA. I will use it on another progect when I get it dialed in. I took this oportunity to get a great deal on a DL-55 and lighten my Yak![sm=devious.gif]
Any fuel/oil leaking on the case?

I had trouble with the Brillelli 60 on my 88" Yak early on. It wasn't consistent at all. I ended up finding the problem was an Air Leak between the Case halves. I talked to Scott about the issue. He told me that he used anaerobic gasket maker on some of them and It didn't hold up as well. I split the cases sealed it with Permatex Ultra Grey and it hasn't given any trouble since. My second Brillelli in my EF Extra has alway run great until recently. I have noticed the power has diminished slightly over the last couple months. Now it's not consistent and the tune seems to change mid flight. It just started leaking fuel the same place the other motor did. I'm going to pull it down, reseal the Case, and Port/Polish the jug like I did on the first one. Not saying this is your problem, but you might want to keep an eye out for it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18464.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1266245