RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum AR6110 Parkflyer Rx
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 06:08 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum AR6110 Parkflyer Rx

ORIGINAL: bps

Our club put on a flying clinic for an adult camp in a limited space. This place was out in the country and the limiting factors were tall trees. We used flying wings (Swift) and the JR parkflyer receiver AR6100. I have a new respect for this receiver. It performed very well and a couple of the airplanes were so far away the instructor could not even tell which direction the plane was flying. I would not use the 6100 on a glider though, I would go with the new JR intended for gliders.

As for the full range JR spectrum receivers I usualy mount my main receiver on a bed of foam on the bottom of the aircraft. Satilight recievers go on the side of the fuse with antenna at 90 deg. to the main receivers antenna. Hope this is helpful.
After re reading my post I want to clarify I am not suggesting anyone use a parkflyer receiver on a plane that will be flown more than 500 feet away!! I simply wanted to share this experience with all and show that the AR6100 does have a wide safety margin in terms of distance. We never intended for the planes to get that far away from us. Sorry for the confusion and not proof reading my post. Brain fade I quess!!