RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official DB-01 Durga Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official DB-01 Durga Thread

ORIGINAL: gman1

I wouldn't throw out the rims unless I had the money to spend, even then it's still a waste. The best way to get your tires off of the rims is the boiling method. All you do is boil the tires, preferably 2 at a time for about 10 minutes and once it gets to the 10 minute mark, make sure you have some rubber dish gloves or maybe something thicker that doesn't absorb water, and just rip the tires from the wheels. I had to do this about 3 weeks ago and it was kind of a pain in the butt, but after a lil' while i was finished. If the whole tire doesn't come off on the first try which i guarantee you it won't just keep putting them back into the boiling water. There's no need to throw out the whole unit just because the tires are bad. Don't get me wrong though, if the rims are cracked and all messed up just chuck em'. I hope this helps.
I've boiled tires off before as well, and it works (just watch those hands with the hot water). It stinks...and I'd recommend using an old pot to boil in that you never want to cook food in again....but it works.

Doing it outside on a side-burner on a grill is ideal for this.