RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is my 9CAP going to be a dinosaur?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is my 9CAP going to be a dinosaur?

ORIGINAL: Robotech

I just bought a 10C with the 2.4GHz. module in it. I copied all my setups directly from my 9CAPS Campac in about 5 minutes. I put the 6014 receiver that came with the 10C in my most prized plane and flew it the next day. I pop the old 9CAPS 72 MHz module in and I can fly all the rest of my planes. One of the best parts is that the programming on the 10C is almost identical but with the addition of the little joystick dojobby it's much faster navigating the menus.

I love my 9CAPS and I loved my 9CAP but I have to say you really can feel the quicker more "connected" feeling with the 10C. I imagine I'll start ordering a 2.4 GHZ receiver here and there until I've 100% untouchable.

The 10C is tough too. I was range checking my plane and wasn't watching where I was going. I walked right into a cable barrier and fell on my face (and transmitter). The antenna came off the 10C but it popped right back on with no damage.

I held back on the 2.4 for a long time. I'm an owner of both a 9C and a 9C super. The 10C came out and there were a few features that I liked. Around April, I finally did some serious shopping. There was a Futaba special at the time that would give you a second 7 channel 2.4 Receiver when you bought the 10C and the 6014 receiver. When I looked at what it would cost me for the 2.4 modual and the two receiver to us in my 9C super, the answer was a bit of a susprise. For $50 more, I could get the 10C and the additional 3 channels. One of the Ebay sellers, Mark Twain Hobbies, was undercutting Tower enough that I couldn't just pass it up. Like Robotech said, copy the planes to the Campac in the 9C, move it over to the 10C, and go flying. Not a sinlgle click of trim difference on either of th 2.4 planes compaired to the 9C settings, and when I put the 72 moduals in, it was the same. I understand that the 10C moduar is no longer avaiable, what a shame. I got mine though.

Don