RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Decathlons From Seagull 91 and 120 Size!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:15 PM
strongman65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Decathlons From Seagull 91 and 120 Size!

Well,
I flew my 120 decathlon today for two 10 minute flights. This plane is quite the step up from my PA biplane. Flying something that is 40 ounces is no comparison to a 10 pound high wing. I ended up getting the Power 90 from E-flight. I wanted to get the rimfire 50-65-480 but, they are not in stock and from what i've seen they've been pushing back the restocking dates regularly. I'm using the castle Ice 100 with a 6 cell 4350Mah battery. Noticed after a 10 minute scale flight at about half throttle I only used up about 2200 millamps! Didn't think the battery would last a possible 20 minutes.

So my question is for those that have this plane or have had a similar problem. After take off the plane wanted to go left quite a bit? I balanced the plane at 90 mm and down the fuselage (which the plane is a little heavy on the right). After trimming the rudder several clicks and ailerons it wasn't as bad but, still noticeable. She flew level at half throttle but, just had a tendency to go left. When i looked at the plane after landing, i noticed the rudder was a little warped but not that noticeable. The only thing that i can think of is that i might not have enough of an offset on the engine mount? The instruction don't go into any details if this is built into the firewall and when i stoop it up on the firewall it seemed to have some of an offset but maybe not enough. Just curious if that could be the problem as to why the plane wants to go left because of the torque from the motor? If not I'm open to any other ideas. If i can get that fixed i think it will be a very enjoyable plane to fly.