RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official DB-01 Durga Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 12:15 AM
malice23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official DB-01 Durga Thread

You will love this buggy,so much bang for your buck! Quick tips are as follows...May sound crazy but if you are going to use the carbon reinforced chassis, or even the stock chassis for that matter, Make sure you add just a dab of grease on the tip of each screw...dont worry they will not come out. This will help prevent stripping screws. I think I stripped over 10 screws when I built this kit, maybe I screw too hard ...but once I did this the problem was solved. Tamiya plastics are tough so as soon as you start threading deeper you may be in danger of stripping....and yes I even stripped the titanium screws! Also, make sure you get the heavy duty diff from 3racing. Thats the only part 3racing makes that is worth the money. It will prevent your diffs from melting and it happens very often. If you are going to get the tamiya 501x shocks make sure you get the atomic carbon db01 shock towers as these allow for full travel without the use of limiters inside the shock shafts. With the stock towers the hop up shocks are too long and the camber links will rub on the inside of your rims. Other than that, as long as you have a slipper clutch you are ready to go. Just some friendly advice from what Ive experienced...others may agree or disagree but I found these tips to be especially helpful when building the db01. ALSO make sure you pay attention when building your diffs! Its easy to mess up if you dont pay attention.