RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official DB-01 Durga Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 03:12 PM
dimblum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official DB-01 Durga Thread

ORIGINAL: SoupSpoon

ORIGINAL: B44&501xRacerEX

There is one thing missing that you should change on that baldre. Well worth the expense if you have the money.

_Tamiya Durga Titanium screw set

I thought about this screw set for my 501x WCE also if they all fit, if not then I'll have to get a stainless steel screw kit.
I suppose RC Screws makes it.
I just purchased a DB-01 (will be here Tuesday) and before I bought it I read almost every page in this thread. Some killer info from everyone and it was very helpful in my purchase. I have to say finding domestic hopup parts is not easy and most everything is ordered from HK. I ordered the slipper, new ceramic balls for diff's, New Wo universals, new shocks (ordered the wrong ones 3racing's) which I will be replacing with the Tamiya hop-ups. I also ordered the new thrust bearing and the screw set. Now I am looking at ordering some hex drivers for the screws but can't find what sizes I need? I know metric but what sizes? 1.5-5 mm?

Thanks again for all the help, I will post pics of my build when complete...

SS-

The metric drivers you will need are 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm.. I bought a set of Diamond metric drivers and have been pretty happy with them. They are inexpensive and made with tempered steel shafts. I have never been able to strip or bend these drivers. My stainless steel screws would sooner get damaged before these would.

It looks like the same tools are now under the Duratrax name. Here is a link.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFAL1&P=0