RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/3scale Sopwith Triplane
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 05:20 PM
2busy2work

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/3scale Sopwith Triplane

It happened today! She flys! I was able to get her into the air on the first attempt, but as she lifted off she darted left so I set her down gently and tried again. With more right rudder, the second attempt looked like my Pup taking off. She kept rising so I cut the throttle to about 1/4. She still was rising, so all the down trim was added. She still would rise, but I could keep her level enough to keep flying.

I slowed her down again until the motor was popping just a little above idle. Then I brought her by for a slow flyby. She sounded and looked awsome! She was well behaved and flew just like my Pup with docile turns and almost scale response to commands. She floated in to land and almost did not want to come down. This bird is a keeper!

I did have to make a few adjustments after I got home this evening. I put some positive incidence in the horizontal stab to get some of my down trim back. I also added some addtional rudder to the ailerons for smoother turns. She does not like to turn without some rudder. Then I fixed a few things to make her presentable next week at Easley, SC.

Thanks again to all those who helped me. This project was definitely worth the effort.

Arkie Charlie