RCU Forums - View Single Post - This doesn't make sense!!??
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
speedy72vega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This doesn't make sense!!??

ORIGINAL: raflyer

ORIGINAL: speedy72vega

ORIGINAL: raflyer

Got a good tip from the wattflyer site , they think i may have my props on backwards. I have the numbers facing the rear of the plane and they should be facing the front or direction of travel. Will try and report back.
Your props are only going to have one mounting surface. That is the side that has the flat surface that goes against your prop mount. The prop MUST be mounted with this surface towards the motor! That's why there are props specifically designed as pushers. This is very important.
Actually GWS props are easy to mount wrong as the hub is the same on either side, There is no flat side like an APC prop. Never thought installing a prop would be so confusing[&:]

I have a 15C battery i am going to try tomorrow as well. Thanks!
Really? I've never used GWS props, so I wasn't aware of the mounting surface being the same, I usually only use APC props. I can see how that would be confusing. The only thing I can say is to look at the prop blade. You can usually tell by the shape which side pushes the air, and that's the side that faces the rear. This also may sound stupid, but make sure the motors are turning the right direction also.
Let me know if you see a difference with the 15C pack, i'm curious.