View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 AM
jnj55024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88

[quote]ORIGINAL: EAGLE PILOT

ORIGINAL: cjcyclesrc

ORIGINAL: EAGLE PILOT

Mark Brill still operates[link]http://www.brillellicustoms.com[/link]. I could have mailed the engine to Mark, but if the ignition module is faulty, I would have to send it to Roy Sholl anyway. I really like the 366GT. It has a ton of power and it's finish quality is as nice as a DA. I will use it on another progect when I get it dialed in. I took this oportunity to get a great deal on a DL-55 and lighten my Yak![sm=devious.gif]
Any fuel/oil leaking on the case?

cjcyclesrc, That is the same question that Roy Sholl asked me. The engine is clean and the pulse tube between the carb and the case is good, no leaks. I seem to think the ignition system is the cuprit. After extensive carb tweeking and retiming the ignition, the engine starts on the 1st or 2nd flip and idles beautifully. But when the throttle is increased, the engine studders at all RPM's above idle. Different carb settings have no effect and changing ignition batteries have no effect on the studder either. All ignition wires and plugs are good. I'll send it to Roy and let him test the ignition and look for anything I may have missed on the engine.
I have been reading but not posting for a while now. I had this same problem of stuttering at anything over idle. It turned out to be a bad/broken wire right at the head of the hall sensor for the ignition timing. It worked most of the time at idle but when the vibration started to shake the engine a little it would break the wire connection and stutter. I have the DL-50 with R-Xcel ignition. I found it one night by turning the prop by hand past the sensor with an old spark plug stuck in the plug cap. It should fire every time. When I held the wire one direction it fired, when I moved it the other way it wouldn't fire. $5.00 part from Jodi at Valley View RC fixed it.

I haven't posted in a while because I crashed my EF 88 Yak this spring. I bought a BME Edge 540 already built from a club member to fly for this summer and plan on buying another EF 88 Yak this winter.

I am thinking of using the BME 58 engine on the new Yak. Any thoughts or criticisms are welcomed.