RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:27 AM
jnj55024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

My 17# 13oz EF Yak has a DL-50 on stock exhaust. 7400 RPM on a Xoar 22x8 makes this thing rocket out of hovers. Your pipe setup is slow to pull out of a hover? Something is wrong with your setup. The pipe should be better than my setup by a few hundred. I'm no pipe guru but the header could be the wrong length....and/or wrong prop.
You might be right. I thought I had measured everything and adjusted the length properly but I was only seeing 7400 with a 22x8 Mezjlik as well and I had the extra weight of the pipe to haul around. I tweaked the pipe in the crash so something new is in order for the next plane. A friend just bought a new DL-50 and is turning 7900 with stock exhaust and a 22x8 Zinger (junk in my opinion but he likes them for the break in) I haven't put a tach on his new Xoar prop to see what RPM's he is getting now. We are flying together on Sat so I'll check then.

The same motor on stock exhaust on my 17lb 6oz Edge is a rocket at 7400 RPM with the Xoar 22x8 sword prop.

I heard the BME-58 is lighter than the DL-50 and has more power. Sounds good I think. I have to check out the facts before I get anything though. Just starting my discovery process, so much to learn, so little time!!

If the box was longer on our truck I would think about the 110" Yak.