RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is your profession?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What is your profession?

ORIGINAL: larryf333

I get to fix/repair/maintain manufacturing equipment all day long. I manage and perform the preventative maintenance of all the carpet manufacturing equipment in my plant. Altogether about 30 machines. Tufting machines, yarn manufacturing machines, yarn feeding machines, carpet finishing machines. I know more about carpet than anything else on Earth. I have one of the easiest jobs ever and get paid pretty good, $18.18 an hour right now. I hope to get moved up into the $20-$22/hour range soon. Also thinking about starting up my own business, but that will be a couple years. I work on houses and cars on the side for extra money.

Sounds like Foxy gets to hack into his clients systems, then tell them how to keep it from happening in the future. Bet that's pretty fun too.
Sadly another team gets to do that (the penetration testing part). I get the results though and have to advise how to close the vulnerabilities. I'm sick of it, I'd rather shovel crap for a living. I've been in IT for 16 years.