RCU Forums - View Single Post - District X Election
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:40 PM
DREAMER-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: District X Election

Toolman,

Have you ever requested the DVP or an AVP to visit your club/flying site? If not, why not?

My personal policy is to go where/when ever a club requests my presence. I consider it inpolite to barge in without being asked. I will stop by a flying site and talk with the fliers. I'm not big on remembering names, so I don't expect anyone to know mine. I'll wear my AMA hat but not my badge. I may introduce my self as a AVP, but really I'm just a visitor. If you ask me to come to your club meeting or your field, I will wear my AMA shirt, badge, and hat: expect to be introduced to the members/fliers present as a guest of the club, and try my best to answer questions, look at problems, WITHIN my percieved background and knowledge of AMA.

I have been to many sites where in several districts where I was the first AMA "officer" to visit their field. It is always interesting to see how different fields approach the same problems of safety and field regulations. No one has a perfect lock but they all manage to fly well within their own requirements.

I do not get the phone calls that my DVP gets. I get to sleep at night and have the ansewering machine take care of when I'm not by the phone. Unfortunatly a DVP doesn't have that privilege, he needs to be connected to a phone day and night. A cell phone is the only way right now of instant communications where ever the DVP is. Too many want to "go to the man" on top and he has to answer the questions/problems right then and there.

Bob Reynolds
AVP Dist 10
AMA L3006