RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best IMAC Plane
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 04:47 AM
Mavpro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best IMAC Plane

I have had, and flown the CARF Extra 330 2,6 for four years. A nice plane with many good pattern charcteristics. But this season I flew a CARF Yak 55 2,6. Thisone is by far the better pattern plane I ever flew. The big cowl slows the plane, especially downwards. This gives you more time to do rolls etc downwards. When well balanced, it snaps perfectly. Some weeks ago i changed engine from a 3W 106 into a Moki 150 radial. This even slows the plane more, and gives the pilot even more time to fly that plane even nicer.

This week I got a SebArt Su 29 2,6. The 3W 106 will be used in thisone, and I really look forward to next season, when I get to choose between these two round cowled planes. This kit is the most fantastic I have ever seen. All bits in the kit will be used in the plane. No guesswork at all. The only miss is that I will have to use Mintor canisters, since the 3W CS canisters are too big to fit in there.

Which plane you decide to buy is really not the issue. What matters most, is that it gets perfectly trimmed out, and above all, how many flights of training you put into it.

The important thing is that you go fly IMAC. Good luck