RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fired New RCMK
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 11:04 AM
mymammushouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fired New RCMK

ORIGINAL: Dockman

Well finally ran the boat yesterday afternoon. I put my clutch back in the boat which means I have to move the motor forward 1 1/2". Set the strut at 8mm up from bottom of sponson just like last weekend (Boat ran perfect last weeknd with this setup) and the angle was 0. With that setup I can not get the bow in the air it is a plow. So I tinkered around with some props and moving the strut down and angling up but simply could not raise bow. It's got to be because the motor forward with whh retro clutch (CoG is 17 1/2"). I raised the strut way up so I could trim the prop up and this did raise the bow good. I know that this setup is most likely driving the ass down in the water. The motor does sound strong on take off, a little sluggish mid range, and good on top in. My best run was 41.2 with the 3 blade the I don't know what size it is and all other props ran 27 - 39 mph. Needless to say I'am pretty disappointed I did not expect to make my fastest runs right out of the box but was thinking 45 - 46 would have been workable. I really love the clucth but I beleive it is going to have to go??
clutch has to go, move the engine back and try some more props
might wanna try a 1" header system/quickdraw pipe