RCU Forums - View Single Post - MachNone, Eyelash, Pacer etc
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 02:12 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: MachNone, Eyelash, Pacer etc

Don,

thanks for the appreciating comments on the little Tipo. I'm sure you won't let us down with the kit proto's.

Yup! Fleet is right. I'd be happy to help with CAD if I could - unfortunately not my forte. In fact, others will be helping a 20 size MK kit conservation project via their assistance with CAD. But there are plenty of great CAD guys on the forum. Hopefully some will get back to you if they can spare some time.

What is the list of kits that you would like to do?

Speaking of routers. I'm working on tracing assorted 20 size MK kit blocks. I'm doing the best job I can in terms of rendering the different views in my drawings but it's difficult to convey exactly what these parts looks like in the absence of 3D drawings or photos. Fortunately, the MK plans are quite graphic in their 3D construction drawings. Is there something specific that helps or that is needed in CAD in order to feed these blocks into the router and get the correctly carved piece? What software is used by your router for 3D blocks? Does in understand extruded 2D plans in AutoCAD for example or does it need a 3D model in something like Solidworks?

TIA, David.