RCU Forums - View Single Post - MachNone, Eyelash, Pacer etc
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 05:29 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MachNone, Eyelash, Pacer etc

Don,

Bringing back the Ace foam wings and the designs built around them will make a lot of 1/2A guys really, really happy. We are a creative, co-operative bunch that seem to get no respect. Your efforts will revive something that may prove very worthwhile, all around.

Attached is the Tsunami plans, I'm hoping that the original designer and kitter will be pleased and not upset. This really is a tribute to the excellence of the design. I should make another and build it to 15 ounces. This I can do by eliminating all sheeting. This would allow the use of the .06 for the thousands still out there waiting for a good home. The Tsunami, you will note, has a low thrustline. The engine has no downthrust or right thrust. This conspires to make an airplane that is neutral in all flight modes. Put her on her back and she just sits there, no tweak of down elevator required. Knife edges need just a tad of rudder correction. I'm not a pattern pilot, just a sport flyer so I'm sure the guys with the trimming skills could take her all the way.

If I were to build her for the wonderful OS .10, I'd do it bigger, so that the wing loading was some 7 ounces per square foot.

Damn, now this is getting me juiced. I think I can rework the Brodak to a rear exhaust and add a pipe. These came from CS, the maker of the Brodak and on the VA, added an easy 1.5K. If I could add that to the current, 20K on the Brodak,,,,

Just great, ANOTHER neat project in the roundtoit file.

PS

Don't read anything into what I said about her, we 1/2Aers talk like that cause we don't get no respect from the war department.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Pn37970.pdf (730.9 KB, 35 views)