RCU Forums - View Single Post - MachNone, Eyelash, Pacer etc
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 11:16 AM
dfturnock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MachNone, Eyelash, Pacer etc

AndyK

Iwasn't trying to be cheap for my sake, since Ialready have a few OS10's ready to install. But it's better to get people into the idea of the small electric pattern planes without scaring them off with the price of very high end propulsion. Let them them ease into that as they get comfortable. That is what scares people off about electrics, as it seems that the hard core electric guys who already went through the growing cycle, forget that theywere at the beginning point at one time also.We need to make entry into these as inexpensive as possible, IMHO. Ihopethis explanation comes across right.

Thanks for the offer, I already PM'd you. Iwas thinking along this size range, since it is better to design for the low end power, (keep it light) , knowing that the planeswill perform that much better with the good stuff.

Don

ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

Don,

If you're looking for REALLY affordable power, I have a handful (5?) Graupner Speed 400's and some ESCs sitting unused. They are roughly equivalent to a Cox .049. And you can't beat the price - just pay the postage.

Andy