KCMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL TEAM LOSI MINI DT THREAD

Here's an update on mine.

Upgrades:

* EZ Run Motor/ESC (12T | 7800KV | 25A)
* Team Losi LiPo battery (1000 Mah)
* Team Losi Racing Shocks
* Team Losi Spring Kit (firm springs installed)
* Team Losi Extended Body Mounts
* Traxxas Radio/Rx (from my T-Maxx)

Here's a list of the issues I've seen so far.

1) Out of the box my Radio/Tx wouldn't work. The range at times would only work at 3-5 feet. I've emailed Losi's Product Support to ask for a replacement. Because I went w/ the brushless setup the Losi ESC/Rx had to go, so I installed a Traxxas Radio/Rx that I had laying around. I still hope Losi will send me the replacements.

2) Extended Body Mounts - The extended body mounts I bought wouldn't fit on the front shock tower of my Mini DT. To fix this I bought the Mini T front shock tower. The holes are wider apart for some reason. The good news is it fits on the DT without any issues.

Because the rear mounts are sitting further back the posts won't line up with the stock DT body. Luckily there are little gaps that line up perfectly. I also had to add new holes for the front posts due to the entire body being moved towards the rear.

Its not a big deal because I have a new body coming in the mail. I bought the Xciter body for the Minit T. A friend here at work as a Mini T body & I believe I can make it work for the Mini DT.

3) The stock antenna tube wouldn't stay seeded into the little spot on the frame. This drove me nuts! Everytime I flipped the car the antenna would come out. It bought the larger diamter antennea tube at my LHS but it continued to happen. To fix this I superglued it down into the hole. It'll be a pain if I want to change recievers but it's better then fighting with it everytime I flip the car.

4) During crashes my battery would fly out of the tray. To fix this I added velcro. Talk about a cheap & simple fix.

5) This next issue is my only unsolved issue. For some reason my turnbuckles will pop off with the slightest bump. My buddies here at work have the same setup (one has the mT & the other has a mDT) and neither of them have this problem.

Is there any way to fix this or keep it from happening? It happens on just about every turnbuckle on the car (especially the front).