View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 05:01 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MachNone, Eyelash, Pacer etc

Thanks Andy, PM sent.

Don,

The thing about ARFs is that they can introduce newcomers to our hobby with the least amount of troubleation. Electrics make it all even soooo much easier. And these days, you know, with the Chinese making them, they're not that expensive. Once the flying bug is bit though, many ARFers begin to wonder, what's it like to build one of these things. Familiarity with their ARF can help a lot when they come to build their own kit. I've just started to dabble in the "lekkie" world and it's beginning to make me nervous. Nervous because, like MIKEY,,, I LIKE IT. I'm just doing the buy and fly, plug and play thing to start but I'd bet that with the exceptional, (and getting cheaper) equipment out there, even for small aircraft, you may find a broader audience for your kits.

All the buzz about how dangerous LiPos are, kept me away, but as I work with them, it's clear that you really have to try hard to screw up. I had a small, toy heli pack swell up on me so just to see, I punctured it with a nail and stood back. Nothing happened.

Electric and glow options, I think, are the way these days. No need to exclude one or the other. Some "nitro" fans sneer at electrics and some "lekkie" guys snicker at us slimers but hey, if it flys, it's GOOD.

Just some ideas,, it's the coffee talking. Jack Daniels comes later,, MUCH later.