RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glitching = crash, any reccomendations?
Old 09-18-2009, 01:26 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glitching = crash, any reccomendations?

Sorry I didn't mention nitro or electric in my first post, the thought never crossed my mind.

archiebald, I can agree with you that the silicon base lubricant reducing RF might be a wise tale. Probably any proper oil / lubricant will reduce radio interference just as well by simply reducing metal-to-metal contact. I have a bottle of "Parma TQ Bushing Oil" that would likely work fine. Maybe I should just use that.

I don't think any of the servos are binding but I'll double check. Same with general vibrations, I'll check what I can.

The antenna is running through a plastic antenna tube. With rc cars and trucks, these same antenna tubes sometimes cover the entire antenna, so I don't think that is causing any problems. And about the antenna crossing its own path - Aside from the fact that there is a small gap, I have been told online and in person that this is fine. Also, blade cp's come with the antenna wrapped in a coil around a skid (and the manufacturer recommends that you keep it this way), and I have actually not had any problems keeping it like that on my blade CP. I could just change it though on my rex since I am having glitches, couldn't hurt anything.

Thanks for your advice.