RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Chipmunk "conversion"
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Super Chipmunk

Just thought I would add some settings data in case someone is interested in getting one for glow or even electric...

I reduced the controltrows of the ailerons and elevator to about 1/4" and 3/8" respectively by trial and error, this turns out to be about half of the recommended throws. I don't run much expo so that could be a reason.

CG is right were they recommend it 2-1/2" behind the leading edge, i.e. the rear part of the wingspar. I didn't play with this at all as it seemed fine to me. The elevator does have a tiny bit of downtrim when I look at now. I have put in about 2° of downtrust by guessing (the firewall had none) and I might increase that a little the next time.

I didn't use the stock wheels and wheels pants, instead I've put on 2" lightweight wheels. This worked well on our rough grass, it only needs a little up elevator when starting from a stand still or taxin slowly, to avoid tipover (this is standard I think). I have seen other comments on week landing gears, but I didn't have any problem. On the contrary they seemed quite springy and nice just like on a larger plane.

I made four flights today and had no misshaps appart from the pilot loosing its cap...