RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE-30 and the new baby planes
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DLE-30 and the new baby planes

Tom,

I had the opportunity to fly another manufacturers plane that was of similar size and weight to the Baby Edge. It was equippped with a DLE 30. At between 11 and 12 pounds the DLE 30 is an absolutely perfect match for the plane size and weight. In fact, it's a bit over powered since 1/2 throttle was all it took for good speed and control. This 30 had a little time on it so the engine had the opportunity to seat the ring, smoothing out the bottom end. For those that buy one of these nice little gassers they'll need to remember that some run time has to build up before the mid range burbal goes away. A 10 ounce tank provided a whole bunch of flying time. Enough for 4 people to get some stick time on the plane and engine and still have plenty of reserves for a safe landing. Great throttle up and a very nice mid range with plenty of power, and not even a hint of any weak spots in the power band.

I'm not a small plane flyer by any means but I believe the DLE 30 and the Baby Edge are going to make a lot of people very happy.