RCU Forums - View Single Post - Boomerang Sprint Build Thread!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 09:07 AM
crhammond
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boomerang Sprint Build Thread!

Doc, take your time. A 50cc gasser is VERY simple compared to a jet and far more forgiving. I have built and assembled many large gassers in the 40%+ size and they all went together much faster than my Sprint. Before the Sprint I had a Comp-Arf Spark EDF jet (as my "trainer") I'm glad I did because it was an in-between step in complexity from a prop to a turbine and I learned a lot. Besides it is an awesome flying jet too, very, very fast

The Sprint is not hard to assemble but there are a lot of components in a jet and they all have to be installed right... you will find stuffing all the gear inside a challenge. Especially if you do it so its all neat and easily accessable for maintenance. GET HELP is the main thing.

I think I spent 80 hrs getting my Sprint how I wanted it... and after 5 flights I went back in and made some more changes.

I strongly recommend you fire-proof the rear of the hatch. I also strongly recommed you put FOD screen on the intakes (inside the fuse) and run a FOD screen on your turbine.

You will LOVE how it flies. It feels every bit as solid in the air as a 40% prop plane and is a *****cat to takeoff and land.