RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fascination 50 ARF available
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
captain2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fascination 50 ARF available

got the supplied bellcrank installed to the 2 outside horns as you note, the rods that would push or pull the elevator halves will be darn hear 12" long at the rear in this seup , however - I guess I'll either use heavier rods or use carbon fiber sleeves over the rods. Do have a UCD 46. that has rods that long (#56) that I did this with. Does your elevator control arm run over the top of the pull-pull rudder servo or did you have to 'build' up the elevator mount so that the rod back to the bellcrank would'nt interfere?
The 'manual' that came with my plane doesn'show (or address) where the elevator servo is supposed to go although it seems that the intent is that it should be in the area where the 'manual' clearly shows the receiver going.
I have the plane pretty much assembled now and only have the rear control surfaces and the engine mount to do, so very much appreciate the advice on this one. This is replacing a Venus 40 which was a 'terror' (this being good!) with a YS 63 on it - so that is what I'm planning on trying first. It will be an inverted mount as opposed to the angle mount shown with what looks to be a .46-.55 2 stroke in the instructions. Trial and error fitting sounds like it might get me cussin'!

Again appreciate your advice.

Captain2