RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is your profession?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 AM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is your profession?

ORIGINAL: samguan

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

Have you got the hold on with C# Express? I heard pro's have worked with C# for 10 years and only adventured 5% of the program.
ORIGINAL: samguan

I'm a computer guy...mostly, my job involves software design and development. Used to love computer programming, not anymore once I started working.
Actually, I'm working with C# and Java most of the time. C# is a very good programming language to learn because the syntax is very clean. Usually if you've worked with a programming language for 10 years, you can call yourself an expert. It is like a real language, you can not master everything. In the real world, developers use books/internet all the time to look up information. You can not remember everything. The 10 years, 5% thing, I believe you are talking about C++. It takes longer time and practice to be good at C++. But 10 years of experience in C++, you should definitely get more than 5% out of it otherwise, you should be looking for another job.

Learning computer programming is not hard at all. However, you do have to know the basics. To be good at C#, Java or C++. You MUST MUST MUST understand the concept of Object Oriented Programming. If you don't, you can master the language but not be able to design software properly. Once you understand that, you are there! You can call yourself a programmer. You can pick up any Object Oriented Programming languages in matter of days.

OOP is amazing..Thats mainly the one thing I love to do....

As for what I do..Im a Student and work for my City's Parks and Rec Department