RCU Forums - View Single Post - *ASM Cessna 182 (10ft) 30-50cc*
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:04 AM
HUNTERANDJEFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *ASM Cessna 182 (10ft) 30-50cc*

I think I will like this model!
I really like my Cmp 140 sized one and I was a bit sceptical when I purchased it from that company and after it was finished it was very heavy. But when I flew it for the first time, I was very suprised how well it floated around and how forgiving it was. I have some very acrobatic planes and some fast planes in my hanger but I wanted something that I could fly that was forgiving and stress free - something other than a typical J-3 cub. It was designed for a 60 to 90 glow engine and I put a 120 tt pro in it. It will sustain effortless knife edge down the runway and hover for a bit before falling out. Even though that isn't flying scale - like, it is still very fun. Most of the time I fly it slow, low and practice scale, rudder coordinated turns, figure 8s and touch and goes. Really fun! I will not like to sell it but that has to be sold to help fund this big one.
Here is a video of it flying. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR1RV9qL59k

How strong is the font gear on this new plane? Why is it that most of the arfs out there have weak gear? They spend tons of time on the design of these things but none on the gear. I have to change out the stock gear on my CMP cessna to a stronger Fults gear this winter - and all of the arfs that I have purchased in the last two years have had to have the gear replaced on them and or the blocks re-inforced. Not from landing hard, but just because they are weak to begin with!
Jeff