RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 09-26-2009, 08:50 PM
BJ64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

Fisher, sorry to hear about your Mom. That sort of thing is never easy.

On a brighter note, you have been a busy little chappie, haven't you? I'll bet you'll be glad when you finally settle in your new home. Exciting stuff, no doubt. The moving bit sucks but - done it more than 20 times in my life, and it sure gets to be a drag. Being the 'hoarder' that I am, I end up having unopened boxes from the previous move LoL. The price I pay for being a Bower Bird. ~S~

I still haven't finished putting that foamie F18 together yet - though the Cessna 182 has been ready to fly for something like 3 months now. And would you believe it? The weather down here has been crap since I bought it [&:] So I haven't had a chance to fly anything yet.

My bigger project, the 1/10 F-111 is moving along rather slowly, but I've now accumulated pretty much everything I need to get stuck into it and give it a red-hot go from now on.

I bet the first words you said when you powdered your Yardbird were 'Gosh... Golly!' Not. Shouldn't laugh, but a plane can always be rebuilt. Our health and spirit is what really counts.

The fish-farming sounds like a real adventure. What sort of fish are you looking to stock? Trout? Bass? Our fish-farms down here are usually soley for Trout (which I'd rather catch myself in the clear streams up near Kosciusko).

I'll take a peek at that site you mentioned - I've got a lot of learning to do regarding the use of foam. My F-111 wings will start out as balsa-sheeted foamies - then perhaps end up glass moulded.

Take care mate, and I look forward to hearing from you again when you get things settled.

Calvino,

The predominant foam down here seems to be the common garden variety white stuff, though I have sourced a place that sells the yellow Corning foam. Someone also recently put me on to a place that sells that magic blue Dow foam that they seem to use a lot of in the States. The problem with those places is that they are only open Mon-Fri 9-5, and they are bit too far away from 'work' to go there in my lunch time. Might have to plan a 'sickie', or at least take half a day off...

BJ