RCU Forums - View Single Post - Li'l swamp buggy update
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 01:50 PM
talios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Li'l swamp buggy update

jsesere,
You will want to epoxy the two sides of the boat to form the left and right sides of the boat. I then used ca to tack all of the ribs in place making sure they are square as I went along. I used ca to help cover the bottom of the boat. After putting the bottom of the boat together I used 30 min epoxy to seal the inside of the boat. The only change I think I would make is getting thin plywood to cover the top of the boat. The red wood top will warp if any water gets to it or in time it will ripple. If you are going use a radio you will want to run the linkage cable from the servo to the rudder before you seal the top of the boat. If you are going to use a throttle you will want to put together the engine stand and figure out were to run the linkage cable to the throttle. You can seal around the plastic linkage cable sleeve with epoxy were the cable exits the hull. I then put a thin coat of epoxy on the outside of the boat. Sanded any high spots and then painted with Flite Lustrekote. Make sure you seal both sides of the radio compartment door. If any water gets on the door it will start to curl.

If you need anything else just let me know. I have not been on in awile and not sure of what pictures of the boats i have posted. If you need any pictures to help you out let me know.
Tal.