RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quarter Scale Dragster
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Mudgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quarter Scale Dragster

ORIGINAL: cuemando

I think that there is more math than experience in this dragster? Why is the wing so high? Are the wheels go-kart tyres and why are the front wheels so far apart? Sorry to sound so ignorant but it's the way I am as a newbie?

OK dude,
I am going to assume that you were maybe born later than 1980?

I have a lot of stuff from the '60s and early '70s from Drag culture. My Grandfather was editor of Australian Hot Rod Magazine in the 60s and early '70s.......
All the rails back then looked a LOT like what I'm making here.
Maybe I should have called the thread 'nostalgic dragster", or something............
Truth is, I don't really care anymore if there is a discrepancy between the real deal, or modern top fuellers

As said before (many times)

I'm not re-creating the Bluebird here, rather a functional model.... OK???

Some other IDIOT on youtube was referring to the front wheels as being too big, - look at the old photos, and all is looking relative to the genre back then.

I did not make this car to be like a 2008 rail, rather more like something from the "Rat Fink" era. But then, maybe you haven't a clue about the "good ol' days," right?

I don't wanna crap on about glory days, but if it wasn't for the pioneers, you would not have the technology you have today.

Oh God, I feel old when I say, " back in my day, we took bayonets in the side!!!"
lol (something we used to give to the apprentices)

PS... I am fixing the ol' pipe...got impatient about the new one

Geez, Devcon Titanium putty isn't cheap!!! $150 AUD for 1/2 a litre of the stuff!!! Anyhow, when finished, I should be able to play baseball with the pipe when I'm finished.........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13755.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	1286012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99905.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	1286013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di11347.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	419.9 KB