RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jetaholics Anonymous
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 04:46 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jetaholics Anonymous

Hi my name is Shaz, and I am an addict. I can't stop obssessing over planes. Especially jets. I buy them when I don't have money, I buy them when I have 3 boxes of them unbuilt. I buy them on impulse, or simply OUT OF STUPIDITY. I have 4 builds going at any one time, half of them usually aren't even at my house. My wife has no idea.

Well, she kind of does, but no real idea how bad it is. When I am bored at work, I am on RCU, scoping out jets & warbirds. When my wife uses the computer after me, she has to close 16 windows all with ads for jets, searches under jets, jet forum, RCU buy/sell jets. Why do I leave the computer? So I can go to the basement and tinker with my planes (mostly jets).

My whole weekend seems to go better when I fly on saturday or sunday. If I come back with as many jets as I took to the field, I can't stop smiling. I used to have a beer or two on friday nights. Why dont I anymore? Because I dont want to effect my jet flying the next day. People think I must be rich, I am not, I just spend all my disposable income in jets. My poor baby daughter will probably have to work all through college, I will probably never get to retire, our family vacation each year should be to 4 or 5 jet rallies, but then my wife would leave and I wouldn't have any spouse and could just spend time tinkering with my jets. Hmmm...that's a thought.

I have a problem, so I think I am starting an anonymous group. I know most of you reading this have a problem too, but you can't get help if you don't admit it. I will help you. Sell me your jet, we will both feel better.